The video selfie is one of the options we recommend because it’s an easy, fast and secure solution for the user.
A quick and easy solution 🌠
The video selfie is easy to do as the user always (normally) has their head on their shoulders! 🙃
It’s also quick to do. The user films himself and repeats a random sentence displayed on their screen. In less than 10 seconds, the selfie is taken and sent to our teams, all of this from the Lydia app.
A secure solution 🔐
The risk of falsifying a video selfie is much lower than with administrative documents. It’s therefore a very reliable solution in order to verify the identity of a person.
At Lydia, only the teams responsible for verifying the profiles of Lydia users have access to these video selfies.
Making a successful video selfie 👨📱
In order to be valid, the video selfie must meet several criterias:
- ✅ A single person must appear on the video: the user wishing to have their profile verified
- ✅ The face must clearly be visible and must match the other ID documents provided
- ✅ The image must have a reasonable quality (brightness, image sharpness)
- ✅ The sound must be good: the user must pronounce the sentence out loud and in an intelligible way
- ❌ Do not be indecent (clothes, 🛀 situation, 🙊 remarks, etc.)