When you can no longer transfer money from Lydia to your bank account, the solution is often very simple.
⚠️ Important ⚠️ Transfers made from Lydia to bank accounts depend on the banks’ processing time. A transfer usually takes 2 to 3 business days (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
Please consider the list of questions below before contacting Lydia:
- Do I have enough money on my Lydia account?
- Did I select the right account?
- Did I check my bank statement?
- Did I provide the right account number (IBAN)?
- Did I go over my bank transfer limit?
If you have a problem with a transfer you made to a phone number or email address, read this article.
1 / Do I have enough money on my Lydia account? 💸
The money you receive is always stored on your Lydia account.
- For each transaction (paying or sending money), the funds are primarily taken from the Lydia account on which the money is stored
- When there are insufficient funds on your Lydia account to complete a transaction, the money is taken from your bank account
In a lot of cases, users are trying to transfer money they have already spent (to make a Lydia to a friend, to make a contactless mobile payment...).
Learn more: Transaction History
You can check your Transaction History by clicking on this link on your smartphone and get a better idea of your Lydia balance:
- Head to the "Activity" tab of the app
- Click on every negative transaction (debit)
- Check the payment method used (e.g. "Personal card," "Lydia balance")
You will get a quick overview of the money you spent using your Lydia account.
2 / Did I select the right account? 💁♀️
Instead of transferring money from Lydia to your bank account, you may accidentally do the opposite: credit your Lydia account using money on your bank account.
How do I transfer money from Lydia to my bank account?
To know how to transfer money from Lydia to a bank account, read this article.
3 / Did I check my bank statement? 📝
Sometimes the transfer does not show "Lydia" but "OKALI” on bank statements. It’s the name of our banking partner who handles all transfers on our behalf. If this name appears on your bank statement, it means the transfer went though.
4 / Did I provide the right account number (IBAN)? 🏦
To send money from Lydia to a bank account, you must first provide the account’s IBAN.
This can be done in the "Profile" in the "IBAN and Beneficiaries" menu.
5 / Did I go over my bank transfer limit? ⚡
There are limits on the number of transfers you can make using Lydia. Check out the limits here.
To enjoy as many transfers as possible to your bank account, subscribe to Lydia Premium.
👉 To learn more about Lydia Premium, click on this link.
If we haven’t answered your questions, please reach out to Lydia Support by clicking here.