Using your Lydia card abroad
With the Lydia card, you can pay and withdraw money anywhere in the world in any currency.
Why use the Lydia card abroad? 🤔
Most traditional banks, online banks and next-generation banking apps charge us a lot of money when we travel overseas.
- Banks charge a fee of 1.95% to 3% on each payment and withdrawal
- Next-generation banking apps charge a fee of 1.7% to 2% on each cash withdrawal
Because we believe these practices are unfair, we help you pay as little as possible with the Lydia card & Lydia Premium wherever you are in the world. All payments and withdrawals are based on the Mastercard real exchange rate with no additional fees.
How does the card work abroad? ✈️
The Lydia card works just like a traditional card. You can use it to pay in shops and withdraw cash at ATMs.
With the mobile app, the Lydia card:
- immediately displays the amount spent in Euros on your mobile for each payment or withdrawal
- can be blocked remotely if your card is lost or stolen
How do I disable payments abroad? 🌎
You can make a card unusable abroad on the app.
Just open the app and go to the last tab.
- Click "Manage my Lydia cards"
- Select the "Lydia card"
- Click on "Features"
- Click on the blue button next to "Payments Abroad"
When the button turns grey, it means you cannot use the card abroad.
Can I use the card in the Euro zone? 🇪🇺
The same limits apply everywhere in the Euro zone. When you travel inside the Euro zone, the conditions remain the same as on French territory.
To view these limits read the Pricing and limits page available here.