Your Lydia accounts
Lydia lets you create several sub-accounts to organise spending and save a bit of money, right from the app.
Why creating Lydia sub-accounts? 🤔
If you want to save money, there is nothing more important than having a clear view at what you're spending. Unfortunately, banks only let you have one current account — all of your expenses are merged in one single place. This creates useless confusion. To help you out, we created sub-accounts.
You can create different kind of sub-accounts:
- A sub-account named "Shopping" to set a budget for a specific kind of purchase
- A sub-account named "Trips" to save for your next holidays
- A joint account for your couple's expenses
- A shared account for your next trip away with friends
- A Lydia mobile money pot for your friend's next birthday or one of your colleagues' farewell drink
Creating a sub-account 💰
There is nothing simpler than creating a sub-account. First, open the Lydia app, then:
- Go to the 3rd tab of the app
- Click on the "+" button
- Choose "sub-account"
That's it! You can start crediting the account or sharing it with friends.
Using money from a sub-account 💸
The money stored in a sub-account can be used anywhere thanks to the various Lydia payment means. You can use this money to:
- Pay in stores thanks to contactless mobile payment
- Pay and withdraw cash anywhere in the world with no fees, with the Lydia card
- Pay online using Internet cards
- Make transfers to any bank account
- Send money instantly to other Lydia users right from the app
Managing display settings 🎨
👉 Premium lets you take full advantage of these features. To know more, read this article.