How do I order and activate my Lydia card?
Ordering the card 💳
To order a Lydia card, open the app and follow the steps below:
- Go to the "Cards" tab ;
- Click "Lydia card" and "Order the card";
- Customize your card by adding a nickname, motto or any words of your choice* on the front of the card (optional, available with Lydia Blue and Lydia Black only) ;
- Set a payment method to order the card (e.g. "Personal credit card") ;
- Agree to the card’s Terms & Conditions ;
- Enter your name, first name and personal address ;
- Choose the card PIN.
You’re all set! You will immediately receive a confirmation email from us.
*see the Lydia card customization policy.
Once ordered, your Lydia card is shipped from France to the postal address you provided.
Delivery takes up to 15 business days.
What do I need to do before using the card? 💁
There are two quick and easy things to do before using your Lydia card for the first time.
Get a "verified profile"
To use the Lydia card, your Lydia account must have been verified. To verify your account, Lydia asks for proof of identity.
Put money into your Lydia account
When you pay with your Lydia card, the card takes money directly from one of your Lydia accounts. If the balance is €0, card payments will be declined.
Once you receive the card
Activate the card
To activate the card and link it to your phone, you need to enter the ten digits on the back of the card (the "TOKEN") in the last tab of the app.
Your card’s four-digit code will be displayed in the card settings. You can view it and change it at any time on the app.
If you decide to change your PIN, you will have to go to an ATM and make a successful cash withdrawal with this new code to make sure your PIN is updated.
Lydia cards default configuration
To protect our users' money, we have disabled the "Online Payment" and "Contactless Payment" features by default on the Lydia card.
- To make secure online purchases, we recommend using our temporary Internet cards. To learn more about the risks of online shopping with a traditional bank card click here.
- To pay contactless, we recommend using Apple Pay or Google Pay: it's more secure and there is no amount limit.
You can choose to activate these features via the Lydia app (select Features in the card's menu).
What are the requirements to use Lydia physical card? 📝
To use a Lydia card, you must:
- Have a French phone number;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Have a "verified profile";
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions of the services associated with the Lydia card.