Lydia accounts can be deliberately blocked by the user or by our security system which monitors unusual behaviour.
Accounts blocked by Lydia are often the result of a temporary security measure.
Why was my account blocked? 🤔
When it is blocked by the user
The user can choose to block his Lydia account from the "Profile" menu, accessible by clicking on his portrait in the top left corner of the "Activity" tab. The user must then click on the gear icon and then "Security".
- If you feel you don't need it anymore and want to prevent access for an undetermined period without it being a definitive action (as is the case for a deleted account).
- or if you think your log-in details have been compromised. This will allow you to take your time to check and update your details.
When it is blocked by Lydia
Lydia may temporarily block access to an account for several reasons, such as:
- Too many incorrect log-in attempts
- Use of the platform that requires a verified account
- Very unusual behaviour that could be considered fraudulent
When your account is blocked, you are immediately notified in-app or by email of the reasons why and the steps you can take to unblock it.
How can I unblock my account? 🔐
In most cases, the email sent or the in-app notification which alerts you that your account is blocked specifies why this is the case, as well as the steps to unblock it.
👉 If you've forgotten your password, you can follow the forgotten password process to unblock your account.
👉 If you block your account voluntarily, just contact the Lydia support team to get your account unblocked by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you dispute the reason for your account being blocked or if it was blocked for an unknown reason, please get in touch with the support team.