Bank aggregation: centralized management of all your bank accounts
With Lydia, users can add their bank accounts from the homepage of the app to:
- Transfer your money from Lydia to your bank account ;
- Make transfers from a bank account to an account from Lydia;
- See your bank account balance in-app, alongside all your other accounts and money pots;
- Take advantage of our cashback offers;
- See all your payments in a single history tab;
- Get relevant alerts to quickly get an overview of your accounts’ status - Lydia and external - at any given time (notifications when your balance is too low, or for each transaction made);
- Find all your beneficiaries in one place, and add more easily.
Linking your bank 🏦
Account aggregation means taking advantage of the Lydia app's user experience to continue using external bank accounts. It's also very straightforward.
To connect your bank accounts to Lydia, just:
- Go to the "Account" tab and click on the "Accounts and money pots" menu
- Click on the + sign at the top right of the screen and then on "Link my bank
- Select your bank from the list;
- Connect your account by entering your usual bank identifiers, just like when you connect to your banking application or your personal space on your bank's website.
Additional security will be required, depending on the bank. For example, the user may be asked to authenticate himself on his banking app to confirm that he is the originator of an online payment. This is called strong authentication.
Also, account synchronization may take more or less a bit of time (a few minutes up to 2 hours) depending on the aggregated bank since not all information is immediately available (notably transactions and beneficiaries recovery).