Samsung Pay and Lydia: general information
Using Lydia, Samsung Pay lets you pay contactless in any store using your Android mobile phone.
How it works 🤔
Samsung Pay uses Samsung devices' integrated NFC (Near Field Communication) chips to perform contactless payments in every store equipped with traditional card terminals. To pay contactless, you only need to:
- Unlock your device using biometric authentication or a PIN-code
- Approach it from the payment terminal (the NFC chip automatically detects it and performs the payment)
- That's it, your purchase is paid for !
Samsung Pay payments are far more secured than contactless credit card payments. Hence, there is no amount limit with contactless mobile payment.
Secure Payments 🔐
Card numbers are masked by Samsung Pay: they are never stored on the device nor transmitted to any retailers during the payment process. No thief can steal it and use it to debit your account.
More information on Samsung Pay and security
Activate Samsung Pay from Lydia 📱
Setting up Samsung Pay only takes a couple minutes.
- Go to the 4th tab of the Lydia app
- Click on "Contactless"
- Follow the indications to finalise the activation and make your first payment
To find out in a bit more detail how to set up Samsung Pay on the Lydia app, click here.
Don’t have a Lydia account yet? Download the app now so that you can use Samsung Pay today!