Scratch cards are exclusive to blue, green and black Lydia users. All Lydia card payments are eligible, be it with a physical, contactless or internet card.
Participation to the Scratch card is open to Lydia Standard users making eligible payment transactions of €2 or less.
By scratching the card, the user knows immediately if it is a winner. For each winning card, the payment amount is refunded to the user. The winning cards are randomly distributed and can be found in the payment receipts, in the first tab of the application.
Principles and modalities of the Scratch card
The user must make a payment of at least fifty cents (€0.5). For each scratch card, the user has a one in n chance (n: a positive integer less than or equal to 1000) of obtaining a winning card. In other words, 1 in n corresponds to the probability of each ticket being a winner, which varies according to the amount of the transaction. A random draw is made during each eligible payment transaction to determine if the scratch card is a winner, automatically by means of a random designation algorithm, set up by Lydia.
Specifically, eligible transactions:
- greater than €0.49 and less than €2.01 have a 1/10 chance of winning
- greater than €2 and less than €5.01 have a 1/50 chance of winning
- more than €5 and less than 10.01 € have 1/125 chance to win
- more than €10 and less than 20.01 € have 1/333 chance to win
- more than $20 have 1/1000 chance to win
- if a user's first card transaction is an eligible transaction of €1.54, it will automatically win;
- if a user's first card transaction is an eligible transaction of €23.76 and their second card transaction is an eligible transaction of €0.76, it will not automatically win.
Click here on mobile to check your payment receipts.
What payments can be drawn?
Some payments made by a Lydia Visa card are not eligible, such as:
- cash withdrawals from automatic teller machines;
- money transfers by credit card to other bank accounts or payment services.
The exhaustive list of all non eligible payments is available in the rules.
There is no limited number of times a user can win.
However, Lydia reserves the right to carry out any verification useful for the application of the rules, in particular in order to disqualify participants who have proceeded to a fraudulent or abusive manœuvre.
When transaction is drawn, then the amount is fully refunded by Lydia, up to €100.
So if a Lydia Blue subscriber spends for example €200, and this payment is drawn, he will win €100.
Scratch card rules
Learn more about the official and detailed rules of Scratch card.