With Lydia, anyone can use their Android phone to pay contactless in any store, using Google Pay. Users just have to approach their mobile to the payment terminal device. A single "bip" sound will let them know payment has gone through.
Why should I use Google Pay in-store?
When paying contactless, it is always better choosing a phone over a debit/credit card. Simply because...
- It is safer than the card: every payment needs to be authorised thanks to a biometric authentication or to a PIN code.
- Fast: payment is made in less than a second. Users instantly receive a notofication on their phone that sums up the transaction (amount, date, time).
- Without amount limit: users can pay €1 or €1,000 using contactless mobile payment. On the contrary, credit cards are limited to €30 per contactless payment.
Paying in-store with Google Pay 💸
There are two scenarios:
- For a purchase inferior to €30, users just have to "wake up" their phone and approach it to the payment terminal.
- For a purchase superior to €30, users have to unlock their phone and to approach it to the merchant's terminal.
In both cases, a "bip" sound will indicate payment has gone through.
Here is what an in-store payment with Google Pay looks like:
Limits to using Google Pay 🔐
Lydia users can face limits according to their account status.
👉Using Google Pay with Lydia is totally unlimited with a Lydia plan. To know more, discover Lydia Blue and Lydia Black.