Paying with your Lydia card
The Lydia card is geared towards the money that is available on your Lydia account. When used, the Lydia card will debit your Lydia account — it will never use your regular bank account.
Where can I use the Lydia card? 🤔
The Lydia card can be used anywhere
You can use it to...
- Pay in any store in any currency
- Withdraw cash at ATMs all around the world
It is accepted...
- In over 210 countries and 36 million retailers
- On all e-commerce sites (although we recommend using temporary Internet cards when paying online)
- Vending machines accepting contactless payments
- ATM machines
- With Apple Pay
In some particular cases...
The Lydia card can't be used in very rare conditions, like in...
- Certain tolls on the motorway
- Certain automatic petrol stations
- Certain mobile paypoints such as trains and planes
But their number is decreasing by the day.
How the Lydia card works 💳
The Lydia card uses what we call "systematic authorisation" — meaning that your Lydia balance is always checked before every payment to make sure that you have enough money.
👉 To know more about the Lydia, read "Everything about the Lydia card"