Lydia allows its users to keep track of their accounts with notifications, receipts and a clear and complete transaction history.
There are two types of transaction logs within the Lydia app:
- The aggregated history, which chronologically lists all operations of the user's accounts of which Lydia is aware of (Lydia accounts but also bank accounts linked to the app). It is displayed in the first tab of the app (click here from a mobile phone);
- Account history, which chronologically lists all the credit or debit transactions of a single account. This is displayed in each account, accessible from the homepage of the app.
Why use Lydia's Transaction History?
Unlike bank statements, Lydia's Transaction History is intuitive and unlimited. A simple search allows you to find any transaction that was previously made.
The user can find more information about a transaction (such as the date, time and precise location of the transaction) by clicking on the transaction in their history.
Types of transactions 💸
In the Transaction History, a transaction is made up of a name (a contact, business or a bank), a logo or an image, a subject and an amount. The icons and symbols used indicate different types of transactions.
Here are some illustrated examples of…
- A payment made to a Lydia contact
- A payment made in a shop
- A money pot contribution
- A transfer from Lydia to a bank account
- A transfer from a bank account to a Lydia account using the Lydia IBAN
- A transfer between the user’s accounts
Transactions status ✔️
A transaction on Lydia can have two statuses: “Transaction being processed” and “Transaction approved”. The color of the transaction determines its status.
Transparent text = Transaction being processed
When a transaction is being processed, it appears as greyed out, as shown in the screenshot below.
There are several possible cases:
- Lydia payments to users that don’t have a Lydia account. The recipient will have 7 days to collect the money. Once the deadline has passed, the money will return to the sender's Lydia account.
- Transfers made from a bank account to a Lydia account are subject to the banking system transfer delays, i.e. 1 to 3 working days for each transfer. The recipient of the transfer will receive the money after this delay.
- Lydia card payments can also sometimes appear as “being processed”. Learn more about in-process card payments.
Dark text = Transaction approved
When a user sends or receives money to/from another Lydia user or pays with one of the Lydia payment methods (cards, bank transfer), the transactions are instantaneous. There is generally no processing time: they are automatically validated. They therefore appear on a white background as shown below:
Change the display of the Transaction History 📱
All transactions from your accounts will be displayed in the aggregated history by default. You can choose not to view transactions for a specific account. For this, you need to:
- Open the account in question;
- Go to “Display settings”;
- Untick the “Display transactions” button.
Bring forward the subject
By default, the recipient's name is displayed first, followed by the subject. You can choose to invert this display in order to better read your transactions. This parameter can be modified from the "Preferences" section of your profile settings.
Weekly or monthly display
The user can choose to modify the display of their transactions in the transaction history, with a weekly or monthly display. This parameter can also be modified from the "Preferences" section of your profile settings.
Search the Transactions History 🕵️♂️
By refreshing the transactions page, a "Search" button appears. The user can enter a keyword (the name of a contact, a merchant or the transaction subject). The user can find each of the transactions associated with the keyword.
To find out more about the Lydia's Transaction History, click on the button below from a mobile phone.