Why hasn’t my contact received my transfer?
Money is transferred instantly between two Lydia accounts. However, transferring money from a Lydia account to a bank account depends on the banks’ processing time: Each transaction can take 1-3 business days.
Please consider the list of questions below before contacting Lydia:
- When did I send the money?
- Did I provide the right bank details?
- Did my contact check his/her statement correctly?
If you're experiencing issues with a transfer you made to a phone number or email address, check out this article.
1 / When did I send the money? 📅
The day you request a transfer on Lydia has a significant impact on the processing time.
- If you request a transfer on a Tuesday, it will arrive on the recipient's account no later than Friday
- If you request a transfer on a Thursday, it will arrive on the recipient's account no later than Tuesday
As banks are closed from Saturday to Monday, all transfers made on Thursdays and Fridays are likely to be put on hold on weekends.
You should also expect a delay of 1 to 2 days on bank holidays.
👉 We created the Premium to avoid the banking system’s delays. Just click here to learn more.
2 / Did I provide the right bank details? 🏦
You cannot send money to an IBAN that does not exist: Your transfer request will be rejected. However you could accidentally send it to another IBAN.
There are two ways to check on which account the money was sent:
- Select "Read the information" after clicking on the transaction in the 2nd tab of the app: the account number (IBAN) appears
- Check the IBAN in the "IBAN and Beneficiaries" menu in the 4th tab.
If the IBAN is not the right one, Lydia recommends that you get in touch with the account owner to find a solution. Lydia will be able to act as a mediator as a last resort.
3 / Did my contact check his/her statements correctly? 👀
In most cases, the recipient did receive the money on his/her account but forgot to check his/her account statements or are being dishonest (it can happen...). The recipient ends up chasing you and you turn to Lydia.
If the amount has been debited from your account, it means the transfer went through. If a problem occurs, the recipient should contact Lydia but only after having checked his/her accounts. 😉
👉You may also keep the money on Lydia and use it to pay everywhere. For more information, read "About Lydia's payment methods".